Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I get it, I suck at character design.

So I got my first piece of fan art sent to me by my comrade in animation Jeremy Polgar, who has a blog of his own: http://zooave.blogspot.com/ I'd show you what he drew but A)it's not mine and B) I'd make myself look bad. In any case, I was excited that he found my blog and liked my concepts enough to do some based off my character.

Basically Jeremy has drawn girls a shit ton more than I have, is a better draftsman, and better character designer. This is what you get when you put your ego aside and let someone help you out. After looking at some of his Eva sketches, I revamped my design and this is what I have so far. I'd be much more stoked to draw this face 900,000 times than the ones in previous posts. Anyhow, as usual, I'm still going to work out kinks and draw her from other angles until shes really settled in and im done with my animatic (which is 5 minutes long so far...).

No comments:

Post a Comment